Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Courtney

We are so glad to have COURTNEY in our family. We waited for 5 years after Chelsea was born for her. When we went to the doctor for my check up, the doctor said, "how about we have a baby today." I was 2 weeks early and so I said I guess. He told us to go to the hospital and check in, so I went to Walmart to walk around and cry! (I had never been induced before and Chelsea's birthday was in 2 weeks) We got to the hospital about 5pm, and COURTNEY was born at 1 am. I wanted to name her "Bridget" and Hal didn't really like that name for her after he saw her. I said well then COURTNEY, and he said, "I like it."
So COURTNEY JANAE it was!


COURTNEY was a happy baby, and a
sweet little toddler.


COURTNEY has gotten the best or at lest
the most creative homemade birthday cakes...
a dora cake, a little mermaid cake,
strawberry shortcake--twice,
hannah montana cake.


COURTNEY is very sweet, and
says funny things...most recently she said
this when she lost a tooth..."I feel like
one of my family members is missing."

COURTNEY is a great big sister.

She loves to SKI, play with FRIENDS,

BAKE in the kitchen, SING SONGS,

DANCE, play GAMES on the computer and Wii.

COURTNEY loves PRIMARY & Family Home Evening!

She hasn't decided if she likes to hunt yet.(poor dad)


One of my favorite things about
COURTNEY is...everytime there
is a birthday in our family(cousins,
grandparents, you name it) COURTNEY
will go to her room pick out some
of her personal things and wrap them
for the birthday person...a special
gift just from COURTNEY!


For COURTNEY's 8th birthday we got
to go on a Disney Cruise. It was a
great vacation and we are glad we
spent 1 whole week together as a
family! A Vacation we will never forget!


COURTNEY is a special girl, and we
are glad she is part of our family!
WE love you COURTNEY...
HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

I can't believe she is 9. Happy Birthday Courtney! Hope you have had a great day.

The Ulrich Clan said...

waimHappy Birthday! We hope you had a good one.
Love,
The Ulich's

Ben and Maggie said...

I thought Courtney was the cutest toddler! She seemed like a daddy's girl. I remember being out at grandma and grandpa Carpenter's on the 4th of July, the year of the fire, and hearing her talking to Hal on the phone. She was so excited and talked about him for a long time afterward. I don't remember what she said, but I remember laughing and thinking she was so adorable! You and Hal make some cute girls!