Saturday, May 30, 2009

Planting a Garden

The prophet said to plant a garden. I don't know if he said make sure your family helps! It is more work to get your kids to plant, water, NOT step on the plants/seeds, than sometimes it is worth it! I am so glad that Hal doesn't mind getting things ready, and working hard for us to have a garden. A garden is A LOT of WORK, but I do love to eat the fresh vegetables that the garden brings. Hal heard about new method for planting and keeping weeds out, so we will see if it works. I think this year we over planted, and I hope that I can harvest the fruits of our labors. The girls did love being out there, and getting in the water.(but not filling the walls of water). Cashlyn got the dirtiest, and she was so cute to always "help". We haven't been out there to weed it yet, and the rain has sure helped with the watering. I sure hope we get a good garden this year. I think the most important thing is to teach our children how to plant and harvest a garden. And, to learn how to ourselves so when the time comes that we only have to rely on what we can produce we will know how. PLANTING A GARDEN IS FUN TO DO, FUN TO DO! (we will see)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: