Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Weekend 2009

There is lots that I want to say about Memorial Weekend 2009, but for now I will just say that I will never forget the feelings I had in 2008 as my life changed forever. But not only did my life change but the lives of friends, family, my girls, and probably most of all, my husbands. I am glad my family was here in Heber for Memorial weekend, and I can't express enough how much I am grateful for them and all that they do for me.

Words can never explain the heartache I have felt, as we have lived for 1 year without a sweet little girl. Carissa touched our lives, and we will always remember her. She is an Angel, and I miss her. I love her, and can't wait for the day when I will see her again.

Life is NOT fair...Fair is where you go to see the pigs and ride the ferris wheel. Time does heal, and each day the pain lessens some. But through it all...there is a shinning ray...I know that I will see Carissa again! My Savior lives, and LOVES me. My family is eternal, and will can be together forever!

4 comments:

Karen Russell said...

My heart is with you. Friends of ours lost their daughter, age 10 on May 23rd,2008 from the same Brain Tumor as Marcus. Marcus is buried close to Clarissa and I watched her Mother go through Memorial Weekend. I thought of you as well and my heart goes out to you. So hard to believe that we can feel so much pain and sorrow but yet feel the peace of the promises given to us through the Temple. Thanks for your testimony.

Aunt Tiff said...

elisa,

Thanks for sharing your feelings! Your strength strengthens me! You truly are amazing!!

The Ulrich Clan said...

I'm glad you made it through...We thought about you all week! We love you guys!
Sarah

Me... said...

You are right... life isn't fair. But that's life for all of us. Each of us will have our heartaches, struggles, and losses. In some ways, knowing that we ALL get dealt the trials at different times and in different ways, does help life, in some ways, seem somewhat fair. I think of you and your little family so often and always wonder how you cope with it all. I was one who never did much for Memorial Day weekend, but now it means something more, especially after being married to my husband who has had so many losses. Anyway, hang in there. Know that you are NOT ALONE in your grief. Love, Jamie