Friday, June 13, 2008

Tragedy or Destiny?

Here are some of my thoughts:

The Lord has blessed our lives, through this trial. We know that it was her time to go. The events that happened are evidence of this. My entire family (about 25 of us, including 10-15 grandkids) were all at my mom's house. We had a great day, the kids playing outside, and us visiting. It was Monday the 26th, and my sisters were just getting ready to go back to Mesa after a great Memmorial weekend. My husband, Hal, needed to move his truck so my sister could get her car out. No kids or other adults(except my sister in her car) were outside at the time. Carissa(my little girl) ran out, by herself, around 4 vehicles, and behind my husbands truck. My sister in her car was the only one who saw what happend, and couldn't get her car in park fast enough. My sister picked Carissa up off the ground, and handed her to my husband. Hal and an EMS neighbor worked on her, then the ambulance and crews arrived. They all worked her about 1 hour,(There was no hope from the beginning) but nevertheless they tried.

The week was long. But thru prayer, and blessings my family pulled through. I had lots of friends who gave lots (scrapbooking her pictures, making her guest memmorial book, and nice video), we were truly blessed.

This a great trial, no one should have to bear. But I know that some children are TOO PURE, INNOCENT, and SWEET to have to endure this life. The miracle of it all is...I will see her again, and FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER.

My house is empty without a two year old. My heart breaks, and the days are long. The Lord strengthens me and through friends like you, and lots in my town, I have the will to go on. Truly words of comfort, and unspoken thoughts have blessed our lives. I

You can go to www.owensmortuary. com to see her obituary and picutre.

5 comments:

The Lowes said...

Elisa this is a beautiful tribute! You're right no one should have to bear such a heavy burden, but you and Hal are amazing people and together with the Lord you will pull through! I love you!

The Reidheads said...

Elisa! I tried calling you once and stopped by the last time I came up but you weren't home. I need to get with you some time! You've joined a club I joined a few years back and it is one you don't really want anyone else to have to join...but...I like you have seen the Lord's hand in it all and thank goodness we know what we know or it would make it that much harder! I'm sorry about your loss! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily! It is tough when everyone else can go on with thier lives and you are left to pick up the pieces! You are a strong person and you CAN do it!! I love ya and if you ever just need to talk give me a call. 480-584-3969.

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hi and that your are in my thoughts & prayers! What a beautiful daughter!

Having a 2 yr old myself I can only imagine the silence in your home. When this happened all I could see was you an your husband in the Temple celestial room. I don't know why or when we were there together, but I can remember seeing Hal when I came into the room! The plan is real and true and for that I am so thankful!!

Love, Leanna

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Elisa, I hope you don't mind me commenting. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Your little one was such a smart one. I remember being in nursery and how well she talked and how tiny she was. She was an angel and your were so lucky to have her for the time you had her.
I am greatful for your example through all of this and what a strong person you are. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Love the Hensleys

Stephanie Waite said...

I saw you commented on Molly's blog inquiring about the Angels Among Us Blog.

My name is Stephanie Waite. My daughter Camille drowned in our backyard spa June 13, 2008 and died two days later in the hospital. She was 14 months old.

You can read more about me at www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com.

I started the Angel blog and am the administrator of it. Email me at stephaniewaite@gmail.com and I will send you an invite.

I am sorry for your loss. I know its depths.

love,
stephanie