Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Best Family

I have been thinking alot about the events of the past few weeks. I am trying to write things down, and want to remember everyone who has done so much for us. I know I haven't sent out all my thankyou notes, but I wanted to PAY A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO MY FAMILY. We have a great family. We(Hal & I and girls) could not have survived these last few weeks without them. So THANK YOU family. My parents were always by our side, with whatever we needed. I loved that my parents opened their home to so many, and that all feel welcomed there. I am grateful for a dad, who honors his priesthood, and was able to give me a blessing when I needed it most. Hal's parents were also there, and many who know Wendy and Hal came to support us, through them. My sisters and brother did so much for us, they helped us through a difficult time. They helped us in anyway we needed, but more importantly they were there when we needed them the most. From the clothing and such, pictures, trinkets, frames, even money, our families were there from the beginning. Valerie and Haskel, and his parents, came home early from their camping trip to help out. They always asked what they could do to help, and wanted to do more. Words can not express our gratitude, love and support we have felt from our families. FAMILY is the thing that matters most. We want our extended family to know, we love and appreciate them . We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family. We appreciate every single one of YOU! We are very humbled by ALL who came to the funeral. There were lots of family that traveled far, and came to be with us. We could not have asked for any more; we know we are loved, and that our family cares about us. We love you all! THANKYOU.

6 comments:

The Lowes said...

Elisa what a sweet post! You guys are lucky to have such a wonderful, close knit family!

Brooke Garner said...

You have such a neat family, so much fun, can't wait to see everyone for the 4th!!!!

Audie and Candice said...

You guys are amazing. What a great example of support and love. I think about you often, and pray for you and your family. We love you.

charmort said...

I love all the updates to your blog...such cute pictures of Carissa, I'd love to have a copy of them all!!! :) We think of her often and your family too. Love ya.

Me... said...

Hi Lisa... I was so happy to find your blog and read about your sweet Carissa. I heard the news awhile ago and have been meaning to write to you. I have thought about you guys non-stop and have offered many prayers on your behalf. Know that you have constantly been thought of and that you are not in this alone. It is so hard to lose a child, yet I find that sometimes the sweet blessings of knowing you have a perfect spirit in heaven is quite comforting. Take care. Love, Jamie Jones Hadfield

Alyssa said...

I hope you don't mind my comment. I am friends with Candice and Brooke and found your blog from theirs. I just wanted you to know that there are many people you don't even know (like me) who are thinking of you and praying for all of you. I just think you're so amazing and I enjoyed reading the tributes to your sweet little Carissa. I am truly thankful for the knowledge that families are forever and hope you continue to find peace and comfort through our Savior...and the memories with your beautiful girl! Love, Alyssa