Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memmories of Carissa

Carissa was the best baby, and hardly ever cried. She had lots of dark hair, sweet little lips, and the biggest brown eyes that would melt your heart. For the 1st year and a half of her life, she only wanted her mom. And now we are happy to say she is Daddy’s little girl.

Carissa loved the outdoors, and loved to be with her dad in the woods. Carissa had her own fishing pole, and liked to go fishing with whoever would take her. She knew the sounds of elk and tried to copy them. Carissa could identify the difference of an elk or deer. Whenever in the woods Carissa would say, “I see the elk”, even if there weren’t any animals around.

Carissa loved to watch barney, and recently she loved Dora the explorer and Go Diego, go. After the girls went to school, that’s what we watched all morning. But the best part is: Carissa had to have popcorn. So every morning we would have popcorn, and watch her shows. Even if her sisters were watching their shows, Carissa would climb up, and put her Barney tape in the VCR.

Carissa loved to be a shadow to her big sisters, Chelsea and Courtney. She was also excited to be a big sister, when little Cashlyn was born.

Carissa would sleep with Chelsea, sing and dance with Courtney, and loved to put Cashlyn in the doll stroller and push her around. Carissa was up when the girls were getting ready for school, so she could feed the pig, and tell them goodbye. I think she just wanted to make sure Mom or Dad wasn’t leaving and she would miss the opportunity to go. Carissa loved to talk on the phone, and would call anyone who would listen.

Blue was Carissa’s favorite color, and she told everyone. She also came up with colors for everyone in the family. My favorite was when we asked her what is dad’s favorite color, she would say camouflage. Carissa knew she had big brown eyes, but also knew the color of everyone’s eyes in our family. She knew that 3 of us have brown, and 3 of us have blue.

Carissa loved her nursery class, and to sing primary songs. Her favorite was “Book of Mormon” stories. She memorized the 1st and 2nd articles of faith, and would proudly say them to all who would listen. She would say “le belief, and in HIM son” and at the end of the 2nd A of F it was “not for Adam’s concussions.

Carissa was a sweet little girl. We will always remember her, and she will be truly missed.

7 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

Elisa,

I have been thinking about you today. I happened on to a mothers blog that just lost her little girl and a newphew. I thought she said a lot of inspirational comments, if you are interested it is www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com on the side it said Take The Time To Be With the Lord As You Piece It Together Again. I loved that saying! I'm still praying for you and your family. You are truely amazing.

DeAnne

The Baum Squad said...

Elisa,
I've been checking your blog. Watching and waiting to see if you would post. What beautiful tributes to your beautiful girl. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about Carrisa and your family. The week of her death and then her funeral was heartbreaking, kept me up at night, and exhausting. I can only imagine what it was like for you and your family. But seeing her and your family was also amazing and inspiring. It is sad that it takes things like this to happen to remind me about the "big picture." Family and gospel are the only things that matter. You have been an example to everyone who's watched. I pray you continue to heal and hope you and all of us can remember the sweet spirit we felt. We love you guys and hope we would let us know if there is anything we can do.

Andalynn said...

Like lindsey I have been waitng also. I am glad you did, cause I love to hear all the memories again. She is such a sweet little girl and I think about her daily. I miss her and love her so much! you are so strong Elisa and give me so much hope and strength. I love you and your family. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya Sis!

The Lowes said...

Elisa so glad you shared these precious memories! I love you!

The Lowes said...

Love, love, love the new layout! If you allow people to post comments on your blog then we won't have to type in the silly word verification each time. Just FYI, call me if you need to know how!

Deb N Stu said...

Elisa & Hal,
You and your family are amazing. I've grown and learned so much from this experience, especially from your examples.
Debbie

Sandra Clayton said...

Hi my name is Sandra i found your blog by looking through other peoples blogs I am so sorry about your little girl i no how hard it is to lose someone that close i actually lost my daddy in january 23 days after my birthday and im not gonna lie it does get harder and harder everyday how you grow to want them more and more but it is a little bit more easier with the support of friends and family and i dont no how i would have made it her without the gospel to lead me on . I am so sorry for your loss may she rest in peace :)