Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A THANKFUL Heart

I LOVE this season of Thanksgiving, and of the CHRISTmas Spirit. At times like this it is easy to reflect on the good of your family, community, and all around as many truly engage in a Christ like attitude. This year is no different for me, except I have cause to truly be Thankful, not only for the blessings I receive, but for a Savior who sends miracles, love, kindness, tender mercies, and much more that now I can see with a different eye.
About 6 months ago, my life and those that I love most had a unforgettable life changing event. Carissa Gwen, my little 2 year, was killed in a tragic accident. Since that day, my life has not been the same. I may be the same on the outside, and in my mannerisms, but deep down my heart is different. Life is different. Nothing will be the same again, yet somehow, it will. My perspective on life is different...The most important things in life aren't THINGS. There are miracles that happen everyday; I have to choose to see the good, to see the miracles. This month of Thanksgiving, is also a time of reflection. So here goes:

Carissa's memory lives on, she is forever in our hearts. I reflect on her short life, the joy and happiness she brought us; we are eternally grateful of having the opportunity to have such a sweet, innocent, energetic, loving spirit in our home. I think of her everyday, and most often wish her here with me. But I know she is in Heaven, watching from above.

The life of my cousin Jeremy was one to be patterned after. He loved life, laughter, and lived everyday to the fullest. Although Jeremy left his mortal existence too soon, in our eyes,...heaven is blessed by his contagious happy go--lucky attitude, filled with determination to be a better person.

I am THANKFUL for
MY Family
MY Sweet(not so little, anymore)Girls
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Eternal Families

A husband who holds and honors the Priesthood
My home
My husbands job
Sisters & a Brother who are always there for me
Cousins, Grandparents, Uncles and Aunts
TEMPLES
Parents who lovingly give, and always welcome everyone to their home
Memories of LOVED ones
A healthy body
My husbands family, who were strong enough to join the church, and help us in all we do, and in whatever we need
The chance to be a mother
The opportunity to reflect upon all that God has given me, and the opportunity to give THANKS to him.


I look forward to this season of THANKSGIVING, and of Christmas. I am thinking of something(any suggestions are welcomed) where we can remember Carissa in our home during this time, and would love for all to participate in her memory as well. She is our Angel, our guiding light, we will strive harder to obtain Celestial Glory because this is where she will be and we want to be with her!

5 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

It was fun to get to see your family on Saturday night. I love Thanksgiving too! We have sooo much to be grateful for.

The Lowes said...

Elisa~ you make me cry! I look up to you so much, thank you for being so strong and for sharing your strength and example with all of us! If anyone can come up with "ideas" it would be you! Can't wait to hear and see what you do! I love you!

Ben and Maggie said...

Elisa, This is a friend of mine's sister in law's blog:
http://thelarsenfiles.blogspot.com/
She lost a baby this summer too and has a post about what she is doing for Christmas. She also has links of other people with "angel babies". They are all blogging about the same kind of stuff. My favorite that I came across is http://dbkunz.blogspot.com/ She writes about some really wonderful lessons she learned through her trials. I hope it helps with ideas. You are really amazing. Elisa you are not the same. Even your countenance is different. I can see it whenever I am around you. You really set a wonderful example to all of us.

Aunt Tiff said...

You are awesome girl! You give me so much strength!

Brooke Garner said...

You are absolutly my hero, you have found the positive in your trials and have shared your testimony so much this year. You have truly strengthened many people! You have a wonderful family, we love hanging out with you guys!:)