Tuesday, August 26, 2008

3 Flowers

It is a very different feeling to celebrate a birthday for someone you love, without them actually being present. I haven't decided yet, if I liked it or not. Nevertheless, we wanted to remember Carissa and the life that she lived, so we had a birthday party (kind of) for her. It was a sad day for me, but I knew that I wanted to remember her on that day (July 8th) and for the rest of her birthdays.






The girls left flowers on her grave, one for each
year of how old she would have been.





All the Heber cousins let balloons go, in her honor.






5 comments:

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

What a sweet thing to do.. Paul and Chantel always let balloons go on Bridgers birthday. I have always thought it was a neat thing to do..

Ben and Maggie said...

Elisa you are so strong . . . I really admire how you have handled this sad time. You set a wonderful example of faith. We love you.

The Lowes said...

I love the new family picture. Who did you get to edit it for you? I think it looks good. You still need to email me your fav from the other shoot.

Ginger said...

You are amazing! I think what you did for Carissa's birthday was perfect. Your whole blog is so touching to me, reading it makes me cry. I love your family picture.

Me... said...

Lisa... My heart goes out to you. I read your post and saw your pics of Carissa's b-day and I couldn't help but cry. I have a lump in my throat. I pray for you guys frequently. Hang in there! Love, Jamie