Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference

My blog is almost current, but before I forget I wanted to post about the Saturday Conference Session.
I enjoyed and loved listening to conference. It seems that when we truly listen, the speakers and the spirit testify and tell us specific things we need to hear. I loved listening to Sister Allred and her conversion story. What a sweet testimony about missionary work, and how not only is she a member of the church, but lots more because 2 missionaries taught her family. But the thing that stuck out in my mind, what I wanted to post and remember is...
FAITH is NOT only a Feeling, IT is a DECISION! What a powerful phrase. Lots that we do in the church and in our daily lives, are Decisions...not just feelings. It is a testimony to me, that unless we act, we are not making decisions(right or wrong)...we are simply feeling. And I know this conference has taught, that we are to act. What Elder Holland said about Angels watching over us, and helping us...that just hits too close to home, and I am glad that even though I think that Angels are near, I now have a confirmation from a prophet of the Lord, Angels are Near. How inspiring and touching. I also loved when Pres. Uchtdorf said...hope, faith and charity cannot exist without the other. What a wonderful blessing and opportunity to watch and listen to living prophets today.

3 comments:

charmort said...

I loved Conference too. That is a good quote about Faith being a decision. It's true, and I can't wait to READ all the talks. Good post!

Aunt Tiff said...

I love the family picture!! I enjoyed conference too...what I heard of it anyway:)

Christine said...

Hey Elisa!!! I love that you guys are blogging, it keeps me updated =) =) Miss you!!