Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Turkey got away

Everyone knows one of Hal's favorite things (or should I say his MOST favorite) is Hunting. Hal drew a spring turkey tag, and he was so excited. Hal arranged his work schedule so he could go out opening morning. At 5:00am, he came home and went out to the woods with a buddy. About 7:00am Hal calls, I am thinking, Oh great! he got the turkey...the hunting is over. Not so lucky. Instead, Hal said he got a hole in his hand, and needed stitches. What? This is how the story goes..."we were riding in the truck, and my buddy looks over, there is a huge Tom(male turkey). So after fumbling with door to get it unlocked (1st clue), I get out. The riffle was locked, and I couldn't get the gun to cock (2nd clue). I started running after the turkey, and I fell on a rock (3rd clue), and then the blood started coming. I managed to shot at the turkey, but only hit some feathers. The turkey got away. (good job turkey, I mean poor Hal). I look up in the trees, and there is the hunter, who was calling in the turkey. (not his day). I started running back to the truck.(couldn't run fast enough)." Moral of the story...stay in bed! Well needless to say, after several days of hunting, between work and vacation Hal did NOT get a turkey. Oh well, there is always next year. Right?

No comments: